Hospice Licensed Baccalaureate Social Worker
Tender Care Home Health & Hospice currently has excellent career opportunities for a Licensed Bachelors of Social Workers to provide individualized, goal-directed care.
- Assist the physician and other multi-disciplinary team members in understanding the significant social and emotional factors related to the patient's health concerns.
- Assess the psycho-social situation of the patient/caregivers referred to the agency.
- Assists patient/caregivers to understand and follow the medical recommendations made by the team to restore the patient to the optimum social and health adjustment within the patient's capacity.
- Educate patient/caregivers on all aspects of dealing with their disease process, including education on death & dying.
- Carries out social evaluations and participates in the development of the plan of care.
- Provides information and referral services for agency patients and families regarding practical and environmental needs.
- Provides information to patients and families on financial assistance programs and resources.
- Assists the patient and family with personal and environmental difficulties which pre-dispose toward illness or interfere with obtaining maximum benefits from medical care.
- Bachelor's degree in social work
- Current license in the state of New Mexico
- With a minimum of one-year Social Work experience in a health care setting, preferably in hospice/home care
- Prefer experience with the Medicare program and participation in community activities.