Hospice LVN - Sign On Bonus
In consultation with the doctor, a registered nurse will set up a plan of care. Nursing care may include wound dressing, ostomy care, intravenous therapy, administering medication, monitoring the general health of the patient, pain control, and other health support.
Must be able to complete all physical demands of the job, which may include, but not be limited to: the ability to lift and transfer patients, carry supplies, and read normal typewritten print. Have corrected vision and hearing within normal range and have manual dexterity with normal range of motion of all extremities. May be requested to work weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime. Must be able to work alone without usual support systems immediately available in acute care settings. Must have the ability to deal with abrupt schedule changes and to maintain objectivity in coping with the stress of working with acute, chronic, and terminally ill patients.
- Provide skilled nursing services in accordance with the orders of a physician and under a plan of care in a patient’s home.
- Maintains communication with attending physician, medical director, and other personnel of changes in the patient’s needs and outcomes of intervention.
- Implementing a plan of care that emphasizes the teaching of based practices. This person will be working closely with the clinical supervisor to coordinate patient care.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing and is currently licensed, certified, or registered in the state(s) in which he/she practices. CPR certification and valid driver’s license.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in general nursing practice, and home health care.
- Should have good communication skills. Ability to work well with others, function well under pressure, and function independently.
- Must comply with the standards outlined in the Nurse Practice Act. Acts only with the scope of their state license or state certification or registration. Nurses must keep their qualifications current at all times. Current State License to practice in New Mexico as a Licensed Vocational Nurse.